At Kendal Cycle Club we welcome female members. A third of the club’s membership is female and five of the club committee are women.
We offer support to female members of all abilities. You might be competing at regional road or track events, tackling the Fred Whitton or riding your first 10 miles. Whatever your goal we will help you to achieve it.
Below are just some of the activities you have access to as a member:
– Wednesday Night Hill Reps
– Wednesday Night Chain Gang
– Coached studio cycling sessions at MapDec
– Time Trials
– Ladies Who Ride – 2 Hour track session at Salt Ayre on a Thursday Evening (not organised by KCC)
– Ladies MTB evening rides (Spring/Summer)
– Ladies only basic cycling skills sessions
– Ladies only club ride
We support British Cycling’s seven year plan to inspire 1 million more women to ride, race and be a part of the British cycling community by 2020. We are working with British Cycling to provide more opportunities at all levels for women and girls.
In order to inspire more women to ride we offer Breeze Rides every Saturday alongside the regular club ride. British Cycling’s Breeze is the biggest programme ever to get more women riding bikes for fun and fitness. Breeze Champions are helping thousands of women feel fitter and more confident on a bike.
- Rides from 3 miles to 30+
- All ages and abilities welcome
- Friendly and supportive